- Lazy mornings and lavish midday brunches (Crepes with peaches and whipped cream, anyone?)
- Long unscheduled days, open to all kinds of possibility.
- Lingering conversations, unhindered by the demands of time.
- Vacationing to favorite getaways, until we're worn out from our own self-imposed fun.
- Finding a comfy spot to curl up and bury our nose in a book, and another, and another.
- Lounging on the patio and dining al fresco.
- Practicing golf swings with Grandpa.
- Walking barefoot on the lawn, with grass tickling our toes.
- Wonderful friends visiting from faraway places.
- Sticky snow cones staining our tongues and dripping down our wrists.
- Leisurely walks on mountain trails to warm springs and gushing waterfalls.
- Downtime to think, and ponder, and daydream.
- Fabulous sleepovers with cousins, cousins, and more cousins.
- Late-night movies, revisiting old classics and new releases with equal fascination.
- Dad reading novels out loud before bed.
The kids started school yesterday.
Our summer is officially over.
But the magical sun-drenched memories will warm us when the weather chills.